Saturday, February 23, 2013

Music is an Encounter with its Maker

Last night, I played the piano for my Lord. I was crying in awe, being reminded of how He brought piano into my life. As I played, I flinched at mistakes in tempo, and the lack of some elements I was hungry to learn and to master. But yeah, I just kept playing, poured my heart into it, as I prayed to my King. It was my worship.
I knew it wasn't much. I kept saying to God, "To pa lang kaya kong gawin, Lord. See how limited it is? See how amateur the techniques are? But this is all I can offer, and my heart jumps because you receive it with a welcoming embrace.."
I would try my best to improve all the more for You, my Lord!
Maglilingkod ka na rin lang sa Diyos, sagarin mo na!


Speaking about music, I wanna share to you an experience we had at a free concert of Jopel's school, Philippine Women's University, held at Philam Life Auditorium last Thursday. The University's School of Music has produced a lot of talented individuals, and has successfully molded champions.

Here are some videos of the performances. Enjoy! :)

There's Jopel! Right in the center! Wahaha! :P


Here's Orientalia :)  It's an interesting mix of instruments from centuries ago, and the modern instruments we have today. :) Watch the other parts on YouTube.

You know what I like in classical music? Emotions and messages are expressed through music itself. Unlike pop songs, the lyrics is the one doing most of the speaking. While in classical music, it expresses things cannot be expressed by words. It brings you to an entirely different realm. It puts you in awe of what the body of man can do with music, which is wilder than the cries of the beasts! ;)

I was with some awesome people that night.. :)




The star of the night! Hahaha! It was a debut - it was his first to play in a place such as the Philam Life Auditorium.
How do you enjoy your music? How much do you maximize it in encountering our King? :)
Faye

No comments: