Sunday, December 16, 2012

Can I say no?

Pursuing modesty in dressing up make you not just a fashion model, it makes you a role model.
That's my vision - that every Christian woman would become role models for the women of the world!
That every lady who follow Christ would commit to helping other lovely girls to protect themselves from the wickedness in this world..

Though I know that I still have a lot to learn until I become one.
For me, learning stuff about modesty does not end. I have already shared quite a number of pictures of my take on modesty but God is still rebuking me for some pieces I wear. Honestly, it requires so much humility!
When God tells me through a book or through a good read or through a friend that I have to change some of my principles on modesty, pride whispers right into my ears.
Pride tells me that I have exerted enough effort on being modest, and there's no need for me to be even more modest.
Pride tells me that I could already be contented in what I'm doing today. It screams to me that I am more modest than most of the Christians I know, and I should take pride of that.
Pride tells me that I can justify some of the pieces I wear.

You know what God want me to do with that pride? He wants me to avoid it so it won't block my eyes from seeing what God wants me to do. God wants me to crumple my pride and throw it to the trash bin - along with all self-righteousness and all the "fixed" principles I have about modesty.
I somehow forgot that God isn't done yet with teaching me about modesty. I don't know everything about it yet. What I know right about it, what I hold on about it, should really be flexible.

Because when it is God saying that you have to change something about the principles you've come at,
you can't say no.
(or say no at your own risk)


"It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;"
Isaiah 40:22

I'm just a tiny grasshopper. My friend, my God, is the one providing everything I need.
So how can I say no when He proposes something to me?
And besides, He only suggests things that would be for my own good! 


No comments: